Human relations thrive on deep, original and interesting conversations. Meaningful conversations help you capture attention and develop relationships. Cliche and boring topics like what’s your name and what job do you do; are small talks which do not let you see past the formality of social interactions. That being said, it is not easy to start a unique conversation and look into a person’s deepest thoughts and feelings.
To help you initiate interactions, check out this curated list of deep conversation starters which you can use in any social setting, be it a party or a first time date.
1. Do you have any pets?
2. Do you play any instruments?
3. Do you play any sports?
4. Do you know what your name means?
5. Where was the last place you went on vacation?
6. What is your favorite food?
7. What was your favorite children’s book?
8. What is your favorite meal of the day?
9. What is the best piece of advice you’ve received?
10. What is one thing you miss about being a kid?
11. What is the craziest thing you’ve ever done?
12. What are your plans for this weekend?
13. Do you drink coffee or tea?
14. Do you believe in luck?
15. What is your favorite board game?
16. What is your first childhood memory?
17. Where do you see yourself 5 years from now?
18. What do you like to do in your spare time?
19. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be?
20. If you could have any super power, what would it be?
21. What is the last thing you do before you go to sleep?
22. Do you play video games?
23. What’s your spirit animal?
24. What countries have you traveled to?
25. What’s your favorite comic book?
26. What is your favorite holiday?
27. Do you prefer cats or dogs?
28. What are some of your long-term goals?
29. Do you believe in UFOs?
30. What is the longest word you know?
31. Do you believe people are inherently good?
32. Do you believe in fate or free will?
33. How would you describe yourself in three words?
34. Have you ever had a dream that came true?
35. Would you prefer to live in the city or a rural area?
36. What’s your favorite quote?
37. What would you do with a time machine?
38. What do you like to do to relax?
39. What’s the first thing you do after school/work?
40. What things make you feel happiest?
41. Are there any foods that you would like to try?
42. Who is your favorite music artist?
43. What is the most valuable thing that you own?
44. What is your favorite day of the week?
45. What do you think happens after we die?
46. What did you want to grow up to be when you were younger?
47. If you could have one wish, what would it be?
48. What was the last movie you’ve seen?
49. What was the last book you read?
50. What is your favorite ice cream flavor?
51. Do you speak any other languages?
52. What was your least favorite job that you’ve ever had?
53. Do you like to plan or go with the flow?
54. What is your favorite pizza topping?
55. What soul food makes you feel happy?
56. Were you the class clown or teacher’s pet?
57. If you could trade places with anyone in the world, who would it be?
58. What’s your favorite word or phrase?
59. What is your dream job?
60. Who do you look up to?
61. What is your favorite season?
62. Do you believe in love at first sight?
63. What’s your favorite form of social media?
64. What is something that you have gotten in trouble for at school/work?
65. What was the last good book you read?
66. What would you do if you only had 24 hours left to live?
67. Invisibility or the ability to fly?
68. What is the most rewarding part of your career?
69. Are you a serious morning person, a party animal night person?
70. What’s the most embarrassing thing you’ve ever seen happen to someone else?
71. What is at the top of your bucket list?
72. Do you believe in soul mates?
73. What’s the worst gift you’ve ever received?
74. What is your favorite sports team?
75. What is the signature dish that you cook?
76. What’s the best thing you’ve ever bought off Amazon?
77. What’s your strangest hidden talent?
78. Are you a morning person or a night person?
79. Who is your favorite athlete?
80. How many countries have you been to?
81. If you could be any fictional character, who would you be?
82. What’s your favorite city you’ve visited?
83. Who is your favorite celebrity couple ever?
84. Would you rather be rich and never find true love or be poor and find true love?
85. What sport do you wish you were really good at?
86. What was the worst movie you’ve ever seen?
87. What’s your biggest pet peeve?
88. What’s your least favorite color?
89. If you could have any job in the world, what would it be?
90. Who is your role model?
91. Would you rather be really hot or really cold?
92. What’s the weirdest thing you’ve ever eaten?
93. What’s your favorite foreign swear word?
94. What hobby do you wish you had more time for?
95. What are the top three things on your bucket list?
96. What is the dumbest sport on the planet?
97. Tell me about the most life-changing piece of advice you’ve ever heard.
98. Who in your life has had the most influence on you?
99. If you had to have a tattoo to save your life, what would it be, and where?
100. What’s the nicest thing anyone has ever done for you?
101. What’s the most interesting thing you’ve worked on lately?
Life is too short to spend on ordinary chit-chats. Deep conversations will capture dreams, personal experiences, beliefs and more. To make the most of relationships and know any person closely, the listed deep conversation starters will let you start a conversation with a bang.