When it comes to making a mark on someone, nothing tops charm and wit. Instead of a boring ‘hi, what do you do?’ a humorous approach allows people to want to engage in a meaningful conversation with you. People are naturally attracted to clever and amusing people. Even if you have a great sense of humor, it is hard to show your funny side to people.
To help you with some questions that would make other people laugh and warm up to you, check out this list of the best funny conversation starters.
1. Do you have any pet peeves?
2. What was your childhood nickname?
3. What’s your funniest family tradition?
4. Do you believe in aliens?
5. What food describes your personality?
6. What would a world populated by clones of you be like?
7. What’s the best Wifi name you’ve ever seen?
8. What is an embarrassing thing you have done recently?
9. Would you rather quit coffee or alcohol for life?
10. What did you think was cool when you were young, but isn’t cool now?
11. If you were given one thousand acres of land, what would you do with it?
12. Have you ever used a pick-up line on anyone?
13. If you had to be an inanimate object for a day, what would you wish to be and why?
14. What is the most outrageous thing you have done to impress someone?
15. Which is the most terrible movie, according to you?
16. If you were invisible for a day, what would you do?
17. If you could have your own reality TV show, what would it be?
18. What is the funniest goof-up you have ever done?
19. What is the funniest thing that has happened to you in public?
20. Have you ever gotten into a food fight?
21.Have you ever had a magical experience?
22. Which of the Seven Dwarfs is most like you?
23. Which comedy movie made you laugh so hard that you had tears in your eyes?
24. Do you have any weird phobias?
25. What would you do if you woke up as Donald Trump one day?
26. What is the stupidest joke you have ever heard that made you laugh?
27. If you were a candy bar, which candy bar would you be?
28. What’s the strangest thing you’ve been asked in a job interview?
29. How long would you survive in a haunted house?
30. If you could hack into any one computer, whose computer would you choose?
31. What would you do with an extra $1,000 to spend only on yourself?
32. What’s your biggest cooking disaster?
33. What’s your most controversial opinion?
34. If you get stuck in the cartoon world for a day, which cartoon show would you prefer to be in?
35. Which Disney character are you most like?
36. What’s your favorite smell?
37. If you built a themed hotel, what would the theme be?
38. What’s your strangest habit when you’re home alone?
39. If you could time travel, which year would you choose to go to?
40. What was your favorite school lunch as a kid?
41. Which movie can you never get tired of watching?
42. Have you ever tried singing at karaoke?
43. What’s the weirdest food combo you’ve ever eaten?
44. Would you rather never use social media sites again or never watch another movie?
45. What’s been your worst fashion disaster?
46. What’s the weirdest thing you’ve ever seen happen on public transportation?
47. Have you ever done something just to fit in with a group?
48. What’s your best knock knock joke?
49. What’s the silliest celebrity gossip you’ve heard recently?
50. Would you rather have a Live-in massage Therapist or a Live-In Chef?
51. What movie should be made into a musical?
52. Have you ever kept tabs on anyone over social media?
53. What board game are you incredibly competitive at?
54. What’s the wildest thing on your bucket list?
55. Do you know of any wildly helpful life hacks?
56. What’s the weirdest, most random fact you know?
57. Who would play you in a movie about your life?
58. How do you feel about pineapple on pizza?
59. Which chore did you despise as a kid?
60. Which celebrity would you want to be stuck in an elevator with?
61. Which emoji do you use the most?
62. What’s your best story about an *interesting* coworker or boss?
63. What’s the worst gift you’ve ever received?
64. What’s the funniest prank you’ve pulled for April Fool’s Day?
65. What’s the worst advice you’ve ever received?
66. If you could choose to stay a certain age forever, what age would it be?
67. What song do you know every word to?
68. What’s your most embarrassing story?
69. Do you have a favorite room in your home?
70. What’s your favorite Snapchat filter?
71. Which is your most preferred pizza topping?
72. What is the lamest lie you have ever told at home to stay out late?
73. What’s the funniest BuzzFeed quiz you’ve ever taken?
74. Have you ever sent a text to your boss that was intended for someone else?
75. What is the weirdest question a date has ever asked you?
76. Would you rather have a botched tattoo on your forearm for life or have green hair for a week?
77. What is the craziest thing you’ve ever done while being drunk?
78. If you dare, what was your last Google search?
79. What is the worst prank anyone has ever played on you?
80. If a movie was made about your life, what would the title be?
81. What do you think is the best invention since sliced bread?
82.Are you a risk-taker or a cautious person?
83. What superpower would you want to have?
84. Which celebrity would you want to trade lives with?
85. What’s a movie that you know the script by heart?
86. If your pet could talk, what is the first thing they will say to you?
87. What song would you choose as your life’s theme song?
88. Which movie do you find overrated?
89. Are you superstitious?
90. Do you believe in any conspiracy theories?
91. What is the silliest fear you have?
92. What is the cheesiest thing a date has ever done for you?
93. What was your dream job when you were a kid?
94. What is the weirdest food item you have ever tried?
95. What would the book about your life be called?
96. What fashion trend do you wish would come back?
97. Which TV show is your guilty pleasure?
98. What’s your favorite app to social media stalk on?
99. What is the craziest advice you received?
100. What’s your favorite Olympic sport to watch?
101. Do you remember the weirdest dream you’ve ever had?
Everyone likes fun and compassionate people. With initiating conversations using any of the listed funny conversation starters, you will be able to create a lasting impression. So, next time don’t forget to use these starters as your most powerful tool.
While you ask these questions, don’t forget to be a great listener and respond with light-hearted humor. The funny conversation starter only works if you respond with humor.