Do you remember challenging your playmates with funny tongue twisters in your childhood? Tongue twisters are not just enjoyable; they can also be a technique to improve your English. Linguistics experts researched that tongue twisters can help one to improve pronunciation, comprehension, and fluency.
Aren’t you excited to learn some funny tongue twisters that can help you perfect your English? I comprised a list of the funny tongue twisters to enjoy while perfecting your English:
1. She sells seashells by the seashore The seashells she sells are seashells she is sure.
2. I slit a sheet, a sheet, I slit. Upon a slitted sheet, I sit.
3. Which witch is which?
4. Imagine an imaginary menagerie manager managing an imaginary menagerie.
5. Fuzzy Wuzzy was a bear. Fuzzy Wuzzy had no hair. Fuzzy Wuzzy wasn’t very fuzzy, was he?
6. The sixth sick sheikh’s sixth sheep’s sick.
7. Six sick hicks nick six slick bricks with picks and sticks.
8. Send toast to ten tense stout saints’ ten tall tents.
9. Fred fed Ted bread, and Ted fed Fred bread.
10. Near an ear, a nearer ear, a nearly eerie ear
11. Gobbling gargoyles gobbled gobbling goblins.
12. Can you can a can as a canner can can a can?
13. Lesser leather never weathered wetter weather better.
14. If a dog chews shoes, whose shoes does he choose?
15. I wish to wash my Irish wristwatch
16. Eleven benevolent elephants
17. Ed had edited it.
18. I saw a kitten eating chicken in the kitchen
19. I scream, you scream, we all scream for ice cream
20. How can a clam cram in a clean cream can?
21. Top chopstick shops stock top chopsticks.
22. Linda-Lou Lambert loves lemon lollipop lipgloss.
23. Susie works in a shoeshine shop. Where she shines, she sits, and where she sits, she shines.
24. There was a fisherman named Fisher who fished for some fish in a fissure. Till a fish with a grin, pulled the fisherman in. Now they’re fishing the fissure for Fisher.
25. I saw a saw that could out saw any saw I ever saw saw. If you happen to see a saw that can out saw the saw I saw saw I’d like to see the saw you saw saw.
Bonus humorous one to challenge your friend with: A synonym for cinnamon is a cinnamon synonym.
We all enjoy the process of learning something when there are chances to have fun with it. Similarly, perfecting your English while enjoying mastering the funny tongue twisters can be your ultimate method of improving English. So no need to use boring ways to improve English; simply practice these funny tongue twisters all day!
Enjoyed these? You might also like these long tongue twisters.