It might be quite bothersome to teach children vocabulary and fluency by forcing them to memorize poems and songs. Even children feel monotonous and annoyed to learn long poems or texts. If you are looking for fun ways to improve your child’s vocabulary, fluency, and pronunciation, then you have come to the right place.
Here I have compiled the list of tongue twisters for kids to enjoy and learn simultaneously:
1. I scream, you scream, we all scream, for ice cream!
2. Betty Botter bought a bit of butter. But, she said, this bit of butter is bitter.
3. I saw Susie sitting in a shoe shine shop. Where she shines, she sits, and where she sits, she shines.
4. Bouncing bed bugs borrowed blankets.
5. Babbling baby boys blurted boldly.
6. Cooks look at cookbooks while cooking.
7. Tommy tossed his twelfth tooth when it turned two times.
8. Nick kicked a slick brick at Rick, but the slick brick hit Nick.
9. She shrieked at Shirley surprised by shells of selfish shellfish.
10. Mister Matt mastered math matters, or maybe math that matters mastered Mister Matt?
11. Which wishful witch whisked west while whittling wistful whisks?
12. Growing glowworm, go glow on the glowing globe.
13. Through three cheese trees three free fleas flew.
14. Luke Luck likes lakes. Luke’s duck likes lakes. Luke Luck licks lakes. Luck’s duck licks lakes.
15. A tweetle beetle noodle poodle bottled paddled muddled duddled fuddled wuddled fox in socks, sir!
16. How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?
17. Peter Piper picked a peck of pickled pepper. How many pickled peppers did Peter Piper pick?
18. Fresh fried fish, fish fresh fried, fried fish fresh, fish fried fresh.
19. Give papa a cup of proper coffee in a copper coffee cup.
20. Denise sees the fleece, Denise sees the fleas. At least Denise could sneeze and feed and freeze the fleas.
21. If you must cross a coarse, cross cow across a crowded cow crossing, cross the cross, coarse cow across the crowded cow crossing carefully.
22. A tutor who tooted the flute tried to teach two young tooters to toot. Said the two to the tutor, “Is it harder to toot, or to tutor two tooters to toot?
23. Sue the sushi chef sued Sue the sous chef. So Sue the sous chef soon sued Sue the sushi chef. She sued so she should share her sushi.
24. Twins twist tweed twine twice. The tweed twangs and twitches as the twins twist. It twinkles and twists as two twins twiddle and tweeze the twirling twine.
25. Sing a single synonym for cinnamon since cinnamon synonyms are simply singable. Singeing cinnamon sounds like sinning cymbals; singing synonyms sends sinewy symbols to singles.
Tongue twisters are an enjoyable way to learn fluency and pronunciation. So what are you waiting for? Encourage your children to practice each of these tongue twisters for kids, and they will master these within no time. Go ahead and experiment with which tongue twisters are your children’s favorites.