Whether you want to polish your speaking skills or get fluent, practicing tongue twisters is a fantastic technique. Tongue twisters are a sequence of words that are difficult to pronounce when spoken quickly. Not only is it fun to watch people struggle to ace at tongue twisters, it is also a great way to enjoy some pronunciation exercises. You can also practice tongue twisters for warming up before speeches, improve pronunciation, solve consonant problems in speech and more. It can be a fun pass time as well.
For your speaking skills, practice and improve these listed tongue twisters in English.
1. A big black bear sat on a big black rug.
2. A gentle judge judges justly.
3. Alice asks for axes.
4. A knapsack strap
5. Aluminum, linoleum
6. Ape cakes, grape cakes
7. A real rare whale
8. Hiccup teacup
9. Literally literary
10. Avery’s army’s armory
11. Chip’s ship sank
12. Blue glue gun, green glue gun
13. A batter, a banana, and a bandana
14. Luminous aluminum
15. A herd of happy hippos had hiccups
16. Ann and Andy’s anniversary is in April.
17. Frank flunked French
18. Bake big batches of bitter brown bread.
19. A loyal warrior will rarely worry why we rule.
20. A box of biscuits, a box of mixed biscuits, and a biscuit mixer
21. An elephant was asphyxiated in the asphalt.
22. Do thick tinkers think?
23. Good blood, bad blood
24. Mr. Spink thinks the sphinx stinks
25. Clowns grow glowing crowns
26. A slimy snake slithered down the sandy Sahara.
27. Angels hang ancient anchors at angles that anger ogres.
28. A proper cup of coffee from a proper copper coffee pot
29. Friendly fleas and fireflies
30. Deer’s ears hear clear cheers
31. Beautiful butterflies flutter by.
32. A pessimistic pest exists amidst us.
33. Crisp crust crackles
34. Bill built a big brick building.
35. A noise annoys an oyster, but a noisy noise annoys an oyster more.
36. Penny penned a pretty poem
37. Six sick shorn sheep
38. Eleven little leather loafers
39. Specific Pacific
40. Nineteen nice knights
41. Dave’s dogs dig deep ditches
42. Much mashed mushrooms
43. Plain bun, plum bun
44. Pre-shrunk silk shirts
45. Two tried and true tridents
46. Scissors sizzle, thistles sizzle
47. Does this shop stock short silk shorts?
48. Six small slick seals
49. She sells Swiss sweets
50. Please prune plum trees promptly
51. A happy hippo hopped and hiccupped
52. Pick six beaks, seek big peaks
53. Toy boat. Toy boat. Toy boat. (Repeat)
54. No need to light a night-light on a light night like tonight.
55. Dracula digs dreary dark dungeons
56. Betty’s big bunny bobbled by the blueberry bush
57. She shrieks as she stitches sheets
58. Eighteen apes ate eighteen apricots
59. Funny feline feeling fine
60. The Velvet Vest
61. No shark shares swordfish steak
62. Six sticks stacked in six stacks
63. Eleven benevolent elephants
64. Pre-shrunk silk skirts
65. Each Easter Eddie eats eighty Easter eggs
66. Eight apes ate Nate’s tape
67. Garfield dunks doughnuts daily
68. Santa’s sleigh slides on slick snow
69. She sells seashells by the seashore
70. Six Czech cricket critics.
71. Red Buick, blue Buick
72. Pretty poor peace prospects
73. Rough rural roads
74. Lily little lit a little lamp
75. Many an anemone sees an enemy anemone.
76. Which witch is which?
77. We surely shall see the sun shine soon
78. For fine fresh fish, phone Phil
79. I saw a kitten eating chicken in the kitchen
80. High roller, low roller, lower a roller
81. Extinct insect’s instincts, extant insect’s instincts
82. Real wristwatch straps
83. Send toast to ten tense stout saints’ ten tall tents.
84. I have got a date at a quarter to eight; I’ll see you at the gate, so don’t be late
85. Knee deep, deep knee
86. Ray’s runway runs one way
87. Yellow leather, red feather
88. Switch watch, wrist watch
89. Velvet Revolver
90. Sharpshooters should shoot slowly
91. Five fat frogs fled from fifty fierce fish
92. Keenly cleaning copper kettles
93. He threw three free throws.
94. King Kong plays Ping-Pong
95. New cheese, blue cheese, chew cheese please
96. Father’s feathers fell from the fourth shelf
97. How can a clam cram in a clean cream can?
98. You know New York. You need New York. You know you need unique New York.
99. The shepherd swiftly sheared the sleepy sheep with the sharp scissors.
100. If a dog chews shoes, whose shoes does he choose?
101. I wish for a dish of delicious fish
102. Nine nimble noblemen nibbled nuts
103. Sharp shark-skin shoes
104. Three thick things
105. How can a clam cram in a clean cream can?
106. Should she shut summer shutters slowly or should she shut summer shutters swiftly?
107. Milly made many mini-muffins to munch with her morning mug of milk.
108. How high would a horsefly fly if a horsefly would fly high?
109. Insects, six insects, six sick insects
110. I wish to wash my Irish wristwatch
111. Green glass globes glow greenly
112. Babbling baby boys blurted boldly
113. Sharon sewed six shiny suits
114. Six sick hicks nick six slick bricks with picks and sticks.
115. One-one was a race horse. Two-two was one too. One-one won one race. Two-two won one too.
116. Roberta ran rings around the Roman ruins.
117. Linda-Lou Lambert loves lemon lollipop lipgloss.
118. The great Greek grape growers grow great Greek grapes.
119. I slit the sheet, the sheet I slit, and on the slitted sheet I sit
120. Scams, stings, and skullduggery
121. Printed papers under pressure make pens prickle
122. Biting babies ride battle toys while bumbling boys brave bald biting babies.
123. Near an ear, a nearer ear, a nearly eerie ear
124. Give papa a proper cup of coffee in a copper coffee cup
125. Tie a knot, tie a knot. Tie a tight, tight knot. Tie a knot in the shape of a nought.
126. Which is the witch that wished the wicked wish?
127. It is the risk, not to take the risk, and there is a risk ,while taking the risk, for one to be rich, one must take a risk.
128. If you notice this notice, you will notice that this notice is not worth noticing.
129. Sarah slurped soda through straight, striped soda straws
130. Tuesday is stew day. Stew day is Tuesday
131. A big black bear sat on a big black rug
132. The winkle ship sank and the shrimp ship swam
133. Excited executioner exercising his excising powers excessively
134. Shameless shepherds shampoo shy sheep
135. Lesser leather never weathered wetter weather better
136. Shallow sailing ships should shun shallow shoals
137. I have a black-backed bath brush. Do you have a black-backed bath brush?
138. A skunk sat on a stump and thunk the stump stunk, but the stump thunk the skunk stunk
139. If you must cross a course cross cow across a crowded cow crossing, cross the cross coarse cow across the crowded cow crossing carefully.
140. Of all the vids I’ve ever viewed, I’ve never viewed a vid as valued as Alex’s engVid vid
141. Can you can a can as a canner can can a can?
142. I saw Susie sitting in a shoe shine shop. Where she shines, she sits, and where she sits, she shines.
143. The flurry fly flitted from flower to flower
144. Wayne went to wales to watch walruses
145. Several spooky slimy spiders spun sulking by the sea
146. Suzie’s sister saw some scissors Suzie set on her sofa
147. If two witches would watch two watches, which witch would watch which watch?
148. A really leery Larry rolls readily to the road.
149. The captain’s cook was a crook because he took the clock locked in the captain’s kitchen cupboard.
150. A shapeless sash sags slowly.
151. To sit in solemn silence in a dull, dark dock
152. The cat catchers can’t catch caught cats
153. Pre-shrunk silk shirt
154. Wayne went to Wales to watch walruses
155. Creepy crawler critters crawl through creepy crawly craters
156. If I assist a sister-assistant, will the sister’s sister-assistant assist me?
157. Ghostly ghouls gather gleefully to golf on ghostly golf courses
158. Thirty-three thousand feathers on a thrushes throat.
159. Elizabeth has eleven elves in her elm tree.
160. Through three cheese trees three free fleas flew hile these fleas flew, freezy breeze blew
161. Little Lillian lets lazy lizards lie along the lily pads.
162. Green glass globes glow greenly.
163. Horribly hoarse hoot owls hoot howls of horror in halloween haunted houses
164. Birdie birdie in the sky laid a turdie in my eye. If cows could fly I’d have a cow pie in my eye.
165. How much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?
166. Something stinks and I think what stinks are the things in the sink.
167. Perspicacious Polly Perkins purchased Peter’s product and peddled pickles to produce a pretty profit!
168. Bake big batches of bitter brown bread.
169. Pad kid poured curd pulled cod.
170. Freezy trees made these trees’ cheese freeze. That’s what made these three free fleas sneeze
171. Black background, brown background
172. Why do you cry, Willy? Why, Willy?
173. Fresh fried fish, fish fresh fried, fried fish fresh, fish fried fresh.
174. Whether the weather is warm, whether the weather is hot, we have to put up with the weather, whether we like it or not.
175. If you want to buy, buy, if you don’t want to buy, bye bye!
176. An ape hates grape cakes.
177. Flash message (x3)
178. Snap crackle pop (x3)
179. Fresh French fried fly fritters
180. A flea and a fly flew up in a flue
181. The fuzzy bee buzzed the buzzy busy beehive
182. The sixth sick sheikh’s sixth sheep’s sick
183. Twelve twins twirled twelve twigs
184. If a dog chews shoes, whose shoes does he choose?
185. If practice makes perfect and perfect needs practice, I’m perfectly practised and practically perfect.
186. English can be understood through tough thorough thought, though
187. Professional Pumpkin Pickers are prone to pick the plumpest pumpkins
188. If two witches watched watches then which witch would watch which watch?
189. The king would sing about a ring that would go ding
190. Under the mother otter, uttered the other otter
191. Yellow butter, purple jelly, red jam, black bread, Spread it thicker, say it quicker!
192. Chester cheetah chews a chunk of cheap cheddar cheese. If the chunk of cheese chunked Chester cheetah, What would Chester cheetah chew and chunk on?
193. She stood on the balcony, inexplicably mimicking him hiccuping, and amicably welcoming him in.
194. “Surely Sylvia swims!” shrieked Sammy surprised. “Someone should show Sylvia some strokes so she shall not sink.”
195. Does someone know a synonym for cinnamon? Someone once said that cinnamon has no synonym.
196. A big black bat flew past. A big brown bat flew past. Did the big black bat fly past faster than the big brown bat flew past?
197. How many cookies could a good cook cook if a good cook could cook cookies?
198. Zebras zig and zebras zag.
199. Bad money, mad bunny.
200. Denise sees the fleece. Denise sees the fleas. At least Denise could sneeze and feed and freeze the fleas.
201. Brisk brave brigadiers brandished broad bright blades, blunderbusses, and bludgeons—balancing them badly.
202. Six slippery snails slid slowly seaward.
203. Birdie birdie in the sky laid a turdie in my eye.
204. No needs to light a night light On a light night like tonight.
205. The minx mixed a medicine mixture
206. An oyster met an oyster, and they were oysters two. Two oysters met two oysters, and they were oysters, too.
207. She stood on the balcony, inexplicably mimicking him hiccuping, and amicably welcoming him in.
208. Tommy tossed his twelfth tooth when it turned two times
209. Rory the warrior and Roger the worrier were reared wrongly in a rural brewery
210. Sally sells sea shells by the sea shore. But if Sally sells sea shells by the sea shore, then where are the sea shells Sally sells?
211. The slithering snake slid sneakily through the silky grass
212. Debbie didn’t destroy Darrell’s dishes. Darrell destroyed Debbie’s dishes.
213. Six sick hicks nick six slick bricks with picks and sticks
214. Imagine an imaginary menagerie manager managing an imaginary menagerie
215. Thirty-three thirsty, thundering thoroughbreds thumped Mr. Thurber on Thursday.
216. I like New York, unique New York, I like unique New York
217. Any noise annoys an oyster but a noisy noise annoys an oyster more.
218. Silly Sally swiftly shooed seven silly sheep. The seven silly sheep Silly Sally shooed shilly-shallied south. These sheep shouldn’t sleep in a shack; sheep should sleep in a shed.
219. I wish to wish the wish you wish to wish, but if you wish the wish the witch wishes, I won’t wish the wish you wish to wish.
220. Fuzzy Wuzzy was a bear. Fuzzy Wuzzy had no hair. Fuzzy Wuzzy wasn’t very fuzzy, was he?
221. If practice makes perfect and perfect needs practice, I’m perfectly practiced and practically perfect.
222. The undertaking that the undertaker undertook was the hardest undertaking the undertaker ever undertook to undertake.
223. Can you can a canned can into an un-canned can like a canner can can a canned can into an un-canned can?
224. I slit the sheet, the sheet I slit, and on the slitted sheet I sit.
225. Top chopstick shops stock top chopsticks.Top chopstick shops stock top chopsticks.
226. No need to light a night-light on a light night like tonight
227. Betty loves the velvet vest best
228. Fred fed Ted bread and Ted fed Fred bread.
229. Fox on clocks on bricks and blocks. Bricks and blocks on Knox on box.
230. Sheena leads, Sheila needs.
231. Five frantic frogs fled from fifty fierce fishes.
232. He goes, she goes, so he goes.
233. How much ground would a groundhog hog if a groundhog could hog ground? A groundhog would hog all the ground he could hog if a groundhog could hog ground.
234. If Stu chews shoes, should Stu choose the shoes he chews?
235. And when they battle in a puddle, it’s a tweetle beetle puddle battle.
236. A sailor went to sea to see what he could see. And all he could see was sea, sea, sea.
237. Billy Wood said he would carry the wood through the woods. And if Wood said he would, Wood would.
238. The plum pickers plucked the plump plums
239. Pick a partner and practice passing, for if you pass proficiently, perhaps you’ll play professionally.
240. Fancy Nancy didn’t fancy doing fancy work. But Fancy Nancy’s fancy auntie did fancy Nancy doing fancy work. So, Fancy Nancy did fancy work for Fancy Nancy’s fancy auntie.
241. Bill had a billboard. Bill also had a board bill. The billboard bored Bill so Bill sold the billboard to pay for the board bill.
243. Selfish Shellfish.
244. There was a minimum of cinnamon in the aluminum pan
245. A tutor who tooted the flute tried to teach two young tooters to toot. Said the two to the tutor, ‘Is it harder to toot, or to tutor two tooters to toot?
246. When a doctor doctors a doctor, does the doctor doing the doctoring doctor as the doctor being doctored wants to be doctored or does the doctor doing the doctoring doctor as he wants to doctor?
247. Of all the felt I ever felt, I never felt a piece of felt which felt as fine as that felt felt, when first I felt that felt hat’s felt.
248. Betty Botter bought some butter but, said she, the butter’s bitter. If I put it in my batter, it will make my batter bitter. But a bit of better butter will make my bitter batter better.
249. Six snakes sniffed six sticks. The snakes sniffed so softly that their sniffing seemed silent. Soon their soft sniffing stopped. Then the six snakes that sniffed the six sticks simply slithered away.
250. Which witch snitched the snitch witch? Or did the snitch witch snitch the witch? If the snitch witch snitched the witch, then which witch did the snitch witch snitch?
251. Ned Nott was shot and Sam Shott was not. So it is better to be Shott than Nott. Some say Nott was not shot. But Shott says he shot Nott.
252. See’s saw sawed Soar’s seesaw. But it was sad to see Soar so sore just because See’s saw sawed Soar’s seesaw.
253. I’m a mother pheasant plucker, I pluck mother pheasants. I’m the most pleasant mother pheasant plucker to ever pluck a mother pheasant. I’m not the pheasant plucker I’m the pheasant plucker’s wife, I’ve been plucking Mother pheasants my whole pheasant plucking life.
254. She sells seashells by the seashore. The shells she sells are surely seashells. So, if she sells shells on the seashore, I’m sure she sells seashore shells.
255. Peter Piper picked a peck of pickled peppers. A peck of pickled peppers Peter Piper picked. If Peter Piper picked a peck of pickled peppers? Where’s the peck of pickled peppers Peter Piper picked?
With the above tongue twisters, you will surely improve your pronunciation and English speaking skills if you practice often. Try to ace more of them and even challenge your friends for a battle.