Lingopie at a Glance
- Learn with exciting movies
- 9 Languages available to learn
- Learn professional accent
- Subscription starts at only $5.99/month
- Free trial available
Did you know Lingopie is the Netflix of language learning? Wandering why? Well, it has a vast collection of shows and podcasts in different languages to keep you engaged while learning a language.
With its impressive features, it has gained attention among language enthusiasts. If you want to know the overall insights then read out this Lingopie review article.
Languages offered by Lingopie
You can find videos and flashcards in Lingopie for learning six popular languages: German, Russian, French, Italian, Portuguese, and Spanish. There are dialects available as well, like Latin American Spanish, and Castilian Spanish.
Lingopie’s learning experience
When you start with Lingopie, you do not have to take any placement test. There is no structure where you can start whenever you watch videos and learn a language. You can set your own language and there are different kinds of videos, starting from movies to TV shows.
There are also documentaries and instructional videos available. You do not have to watch anything in a fixed order. The vast amount of content available at Lingopie makes it fun to use.
Overall Using Experience
When it comes to Lingopie’s interface, I will admit that they did a great job at making it enjoyable to use, especially the web app. You can easily navigate, and I must say, it is a good-looking video player. You can choose what to watch and filter your choices.
However, they can work on adding more features to enhance the users experience. For instance, adding opaque or other color fonts for subtitles
Pricing of Lingopie
Lingopie costs $12 per month or $65 per year for a single account. If you opt for a Family Plan then it costs $99 per year, which supports up-to 4 accounts.
Positives of Lingopie
- Through a single account, you can get access to all languages
- The annual subscription price is adequate
- The interface is great to look at
- Most of the videos are of high quality
- Great source for intermediate and advanced language learners
Negatives of Lingopie
- No option for filtering videos based on country of origin
- Different dialects are mixed together
- You can only see the pricing once you sign up and payment details appear later
- It is not ideal for beginning learners
The Bottom Line
Language learning with Lingopie will let you polish and improve your language skills. The stellar catalog of movies and TV issues in 6 different languages is quite commendable with the amount of content you will have access to with the standard budget.
This platform might need few improvements but the new method of teaching language must be praised. You can improve your language skill and accent noticeably, no matter you are a beginner, intermediate or advanced learner at the moment.